Tippy and delicate with light citrus notes. An everyday green tea.
Green tea » Chinese » Basket-fired » Tender leaf, ★★★★
Also known as: 碧螺春, Pi Lo Chun, Green Snail Spring, 吓煞人香, Xiasharenxiang
Biluochun is a lighter green tea with a yellowish green liquor (I’m going to start using the word liquor, 茶汤 in Chinese, to describe what I used to call the ‘brew’). The dry leaves are long, curled and so delicate that they snap easily when you pick them up.
Some people note ‘chesnuts’ and ‘citrus’ among the aromas present. Biluochun tastes light with hints of sweetness, and it doesn’t bitter easily.
Biluochun is another delicate green tea suitable for everyday drinking. ★★★★
- Time for Tea (massageenvy.com)
- Green tea: Genmaicha (jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com)
- Green tea: Young Hyson (jameskennedymonash.wordpress.com)
- Green Tea for Fitness? (holistichealthfitness.wordpress.com)
- Cynical Tea Bags, A Line of Humorously Packaged Teas (laughingsquid.com)