Here are all the movies I’ve watched recently, summarised neatly into six words.
- Fight Club — change your life via schizophrenic hallucination
- Ice Age 4 — terrible pirate movie for inattentive brats
- Madagascar 3 — another adorable urban/rural jungle adventure
- Puss In Boots — respectable prequel to Shrek without Shrek
- The Secret — law of attraction: thoughts become reality
Self-explanatory. Six words each.
- Das Leben der Anderen — Renegade spy saves lives in USSR.
- Elephant White — Bangkok is a mess. Don’t go.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close — Book’s about Asperger’s. Film’s about family.
- Fight Club — Change your life via schizophrenic hallucination.
- Rogue — Giant crocodile leaves tourists stranded. Aaagh!
- Trust — Always understand technology better than children.
Click here for more 6-word reviews.
Here are the films I’ve watched in April, 2012 neatly summarized in six words.
- Beyond Reasonable Doubt (2009) – journalist sets up rogue Michael Douglas
- Butterfly on a Wheel – jealousy triggers life-shattering revenge stunt
- Cool It – Bjørn Lomborg balances polarized climate debate
- London Avenue – these Londoners know something I don’t
- Miracle at St Anna – delightful trilingual WW2 movie with love
- Puss in Boots – distasteful shallow stupid fake Shrek movie
- Stranger than Fiction – boring rendition of Fight Club‘s story
- Unser Täglich Brot – beautiful footage of mass food production
- War Horse — horse survives both sides of WW2
The Chinese internet makes it extremely easy to find, download and watch movies from around the world.
Here’s a list of movies I watched in January 2012, summarised in exactly six words:
- 25th Hour: Edward Norton ties up loose ends
- A Bug’s Life: Venezuelan Coup d’État in cartoon format
- American Beauty: Mid-life crisis becomes calm tragedy
- Antz: Woody Allen’s personal revolution, accepts society
- Australia: Stunning photography, always running from something
- Dancing with Wolves: White soldier defects to Indians, integrates
- First Blood: Bang, bang, boom, boom, bang, boom
- Food, Inc: Meat production is vile. Eat well
- The Future of Food: Monsanto patents soy, corn. Next: oxygen
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Rape. Was there any other storyline?
- The King’s Speech: King learns to speak, gains support
- Melancholia: Melancholy spreads so gracefully, world ends
- Moneyball: Rational Billy Beane almost revolutionised baseball
- No Country for Old Men: Cold psychopath chases money across West
- Schindler’s List: Schindler saves thousands as impostor capitalist
- Silence of the Lambs: Psychopathic psychiatrist proves unrestrainable, cannibalistic
- Toy Story 3: Buzz and Woody overthrow kindergarten tyrant
- Waiting for Superman: Schools improved after idiots got fired
- Wall-E: Adorable robot lovers rejuvenate consumerist hell