Students who aim for a Study Score of 42 or above complete at least 20 practice papers for each subject they’re studying and correct them critically before examinations begin. High-achieving students print these 20 practice papers and make a detailed revision schedule before full-time revision sets in.
Twenty practice papers, with proper correction and revision of theory, require 20 days to complete. A student studying 5 VCE subjects therefore needs 100 Days of Revision before their examinations begin.
VCE exams begin on October 28th, 2015, and 100 Days of Revision therefore begins on July 20th, 2015 for students who want to excel. Most schools plan to finish teaching Unit 4 at the end of August, which is just 40 days before the final examination. Forty days allows you only 8 days of revision for each of your 5 VCE subjects, and this simply isn’t enough practice for students who want to excel.
The best way to make time for 100 Days of Revision is to study Unit 4’s Area of Study 2 during this upcoming Autumn Holiday.
In this upcoming Autumn Holiday, by yourself, or with the help of a home tutor, you can study the topics that your school has planned to teach after July 20th, 2015. Typically, this is Unit 4’s Area of Study 2 (Chapters 23 to 28 in the Heinemann Chemistry 2 textbook). By studying this topic early, you’ll save time later in the year, which will allow you to complete 20 practice exams per subject instead of using that time to learn new theory.
Autumn Holiday Tutoring 2015
If you want to learn Unit 4’s Area of Study 2 this holiday, and free up your homework schedule later in the year, get in touch for a short-term set of tutoring sessions in April 2015. I am offering new students a short-term Autumn Holiday tutoring package for $300.
The $300 tutoring package includes:
- Chemistry Unit 3 & 4 diagnostic test;
- Quizzes based on knowledge areas that need to be improved upon (as identified in the diagnostic test);
- Three home tutoring sessions of 2 hours each, which includes:
- Critical review of the student’s homework answers;
- 1-to-1 teaching of Unit 4 Area of Study 2 (Chapters 23-28) with homework exercises and quizzes;
- Answering any Chemistry questions the student has accumulated while doing homework exercises.
- Personalised Chemistry study timetable for the whole year; and
- 24/7 email and phone support for the duration of the Autumn Holiday.
The program includes 6 hours of home tutoring and requires 15 to 18 hours of self-study to be completed by the student during the holiday.
Get ahead in Chemistry this Autumn. I am available for VCE Chemistry tutoring on the following dates and times.
Monday 30th March 2015 to Friday 3rd March 2015: 9am – 5pm daily
Monday 6th April 2015 to Friday 10th March 2015: 9am – 5pm daily